destiny of the shrine maiden main character
|Age||16 years old|
|Hair colour||Dark Blue|
|Eyes Colour||Light Blue|
|Relatives||Himeko Kurusugawa (twin sister,manga only)
|Anime Debut||Episode 1|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 1|
|Seiyu||Ayako Kawasumi (Japanese)
Michelle Ruff (English)
Chikane Himemiya is the protagonist of the Kannazuki no Miko anime, she is also The Lunar Priestess and the one of the main heroines of the series.
Chikane is a beautiful teenager of average weight. She has blue and very long hair and also wears a yellow band. Her eyes are light blue. She is shown wearing a school outfit which consists of a red medium dress, black stockings and brown boots. Sometimes she wears her miko outfit.
- Chikane is a very commanding and noble girl who lives in a large mansion with many maids and is considered to be of the highest standing at their school. She is elegant and a member of the prestigious kyūdō (Japanese archery) club. Chikane is also exceptionally skilled in the areas of tennis and, more significantly, the clarinet. She is also kind, smart and very beautiful, with many fans around her. Chikane also knows how to ride a horse. Makoto revealed the fact that she receives many love letters from many boys and also girls. Many at school believe she has a relationship with Sōma, though this is proven to be untrue. She has been in love with Himeko since they first met, although she does not reveal it until much later, all the while hiding her jealousy and hurt at the sight of Himeko and Sōma together. Her feelings for Himeko soon borders upon obsession.
In episode 1, Chikane made her debut when she catches Himeko before she falls. She embraced her and asked her if she's ok. After this, she tells Himeko "afternoon, in roses garden". Here they have lunch together and also take pictures. Chikane invites her personally to their birthday party. When the Orochi arrives, Chikane tries to rescue Himeko from Soma's hands, but fails. After Soma returned to his senses, Himeko falls and Chikane catches her again. After she tried to make her conscious and took a look at Himeko's solar symbol from her chest, they share a kiss.
In episode 2, after Chikane and Himeko learned about the moon and solar priestess and that Soma is actually an Orochi, the girls are attacked by Girochi, the third neck. Chikane tries to protect Himeko but fails again, but Soma arrives in time to have a fight with Girochi and stop him.
In episode 3, after Girochi 's attack, Himeko comes to live with Chikane. They spend time together. At school, Izumi and her group are jealous about Himeko and pushed her on the stairs, but Soma catches her before she falls. Chikane witnessed and gives Izumi a "look" that made her afraid. Later, they started to antrenate for the future fights but Chikane is injured after protecting Himeko. When they were at the beach, Chikane promised Himeko she will protect her. When Nekoko attacks, they are separated underwater but, again, Souma saves them and defeats Nekoko. Chikane, angry because she couldn't protect Himeko, punches the robot's hand.
- Chikane means 'thousand scattered flowers.'
- Hime means 'princess' and miya means 'temple,' so Himemiya means 'princess temple.'
- The colour of her hair and eyes are a reminder of the moon, her symbol.
- In the manga, the color of her hair is dark turquoise.
- Also, Chikane has brown eyes in the manga.
- Her fans, for example Izumi, Misaki and Kyoko, call her "Miya-sama".
- She carries her lunar symbol on her back.
- Both of Chikane's voice actresses, Michelle Ruff and Ayako Kawasumi, also play Saber from Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, Ellie from Rave Master, Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach, Winia Chester from Scrapped Princess, Miharu Sena Kanaka from Girls Bravo, and Aoi Sakuraba from Ai Yori Aoshi.
- Both Himeko and Chikane's voice actresses, Stephanie Sheh and Michelle Ruff, also play the voices of Mikuru Asahina and Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya, Usagi Tsukino and Luna from Sailor Moon, and Orihime Inoue and Rukia Kuchiki in Bleach.
- Her orientation is homosexual.