Reiko has straight shoulder length reddish brown hair and reddish brown eyes. She wears her hair tied in a loose ponytail with a yellow ribbon. Reiko also wears spectacles with circular lens. Her outfit is a white one.
She is an antisocial manga artist of few words. Reiko continues her "day job" as a member of the Orochi and has in fact done better on the market since joining, though her manga have taken on very dark themes since then. She barely interacts with the other Orochi and is stone-cold in battle, though her level-headedness is more the product of cynicism and numbness than Miyako 's.
She made her debut in episode 1 when the Orochi arrives. Reiko is usually seen fighting with Corona and drawing for her manga. She attacks the miko in episode 7 along with Nekoko ,Girochi and Corona but they are defeated. When Chikane became an Orochi, she is petrified by her.
Her mecha, Ho no Shuraizuchi, takes on the forms of a Jōmon-style (straw-rope pattern) fired pottery jar and an anthropoid shape. In personal combat, Reiko throws fountain pens at her targets. Like Corona 's lipsticks, these carry a kinetic charge capable of causing explosions. Interestingly, Himeko adores Reiko's work and is apparently an avid reader of hers.
- She shares her last name with Hitoshi Ōta, one of Kannazuki no Miko's authors.
- There is some indication that she carries the mark of Orochi on her back.
- Her first name,Reiko, mean "very pleasant child".
- His seiyu also voiced Rin from Inuyasha.
- Himeko is a fan of Reiko and her manga (without knowing that she's her enemy).